LAC Federal has been supporting and managing libraries and information centers for more than thirty years in some of the nation’s premier technical and scientific research libraries. Our library, research and information professionals deliver the highest quality work, accurately and on time, whether the work is performed onsite or remotely.
With over 1,000 libraries and information centers in the Federal Government serving internal and external customers, as well as agencies that need knowledge and information support for staff and outreach to the public, this need is ideal for LAC Federal’s experience and skills.
Experienced LIS teams with proven results
Team LAC is a proven library support team with a track record of innovation and success. The “L” in LAC stands for Library and we are the founders of Library as a Service®.
- Library and information support services and consulting are all we do.
- Founded, operated and staffed by many long-term librarians with a passion for their work and the advancement of the profession, including recognized industry thought leaders.
- Open lines of communication, accountability, focus on quality and high level of executive engagement.
LAC Federal does library and information support services better than anyone, making us the safe choice for prime contractors and agency heads.
Efficient library support and service delivery
As a core library and information services company, LAC Federal understands that the overarching requirement is to serve your users – whatever it takes.
- We are driven to provide users with what they need, when they need it.
- We strive to add time-saving efficiency whenever we spot the opportunity.
- We work with formats and interfaces that are most meaningful to information users.
The difference with Team LAC is the unique advantage we bring in depth and breadth of experience, and best practices from libraries of every description in the United States and Europe.
Metadata and catalog support
Developing and maintaining an accurate bibliographic record of an organization’s information resources is essential for timely and relevant discovery and access. Metadata creation and curation is the foundation upon which an information center or library operates.
LAC Federal provides expertise in international standards such as RDA or the Library of Congress Classification Scheme, and we are skilled at developing a local taxonomy or thesauri.
Continuous learning to keep pace with library standards and technology
Technology changes continually, and more rapidly than ever. To ensure that our people can “hit the ground running” and deliver consistent, quality service, our librarians and technical staff are regularly trained and incentivized to attend conferences and seminars:
- LAC Group best practices
- Industry best practices
- Library and information systems and services
- Industry standards, including but not limited to BIBFRAME, RDA, AACR2 and MARC21.
Finally, LAC Federal is committed to teamwork and collaboration. Our library and information professionals strive to fit in from day one, working in concert with agency staff and other members of the project team.