Under this multi-award contract vehicle, the Federal Library and Information Network (FEDLINK), based out of the Library of Congress, has created the first ever government-wide acquisition vehicle dedicated solely to the unique needs of federal libraries, information centers, archives, and other information programs.
Through this Indefinite Duration/Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) contract vehicle, agencies can obtain professional services ranging from simple staffing support for an existing program to customized information services to develop complex data repositories, institutional archives, and web portals.
FEDLINK provides full life-cycle acquisition support beginning with project scoping and acquisition planning and provides in-house library service experts to assist customers.
The contract is open to any executive, legislative or judicial branch agency as well as any other state or local entity authorized to use federal contract schedules.
Service domains include:
- Library, Archives, and Information Center Management
- Library Systems Support including design, development, operation and maintenance of custom and off-the shelf library, archival, and asset management systems
- Collection services for physical and electronic content
- Public services including research, reference, outreach, marketing and training support
- Technical services for acquiring, cataloging, and processing print and electronic resources using recognized cataloging standards or customized metadata